Blogging tips

Sunday 22 February 2015

Moody Rec-tangles Cowl


Last week I wanted to knit a cowl based on a simple geometric form but randomly and as I felt in that moment that it should be. That's why I called this the moody rec-tangles cowl.

Instead of alternating rectangles in direction and size I felt like knitting rectangles inside rectangles, maybe like small life projects within the big ones?


Part of the stitches were knitted as columns with no changes at all, meaning projects that would take a lifetime or two to achieve or projects that will never be undertaken.

The small rectangles were different in length and width and I decided- as I knitted every row- whether if to let them grow or finish them. Some of them could be accomplished projects and others- maybe the smallest ones- the ones left behind.

I also wanted my small rectangles to be unaligned to represent the passage of time in which you have several projects running- tangled- at the same time and some of them are finished while others kept going. C'est la vie!

Front.
Back.

¡Oh! One more thing. There are 2 or 3 mistakes in the cowl. When I noticed the first one it was a couple of rows behind. Firstly I was tempted to fix it- that's what I always do when I crochet or knit other projects-  but then decided not to do so. We make mistakes in real life, don't we? Sometimes we can rectify and sometimes we cannot. Sometimes we want to do so and sometimes we don't.
In my opinion, we have to remember our mistakes in order to learn and progress, that's why I left the wrong stitches in my cowl.

Anyway, it has been a good thinking exercise (maybe too deep for me, haha!). Slow but worth it.

As always I appreciate very much your comments and if you have worked on a- let's say- art therapy project I'd love to read about your experience.

That's all for today which is no small thing.
Catch you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...