Blogging tips

Friday 20 December 2013

Merry Christmas Earth Beings

Image borrowed from www.crazywebsite.com

Yes, I know I wished you the very same thing in my last post but I like to insist on sending good wishes to everybody, keeps your karma balanced.

Mine is a little bit on the dark side at the moment. Why? (you would like to ask) Because these days I’m in panic mode trying to cope with everything at the same time plus the extra Xmas issue.

Explanation:

Xmas things that I like:

- I have a big family so it’s almost imposible to get together at the same time but in Xmas, and not always. I love to do so at least once a year.

- To look at my nephew’s faces of happiness and surprise as Father Xmas (Santa…) arrives (my little monsters are pre-teenagers so, you know, ...). Love the evenings before though, they are like a sneaky mischief, with a great adrenaline inrush…

- To buy a new nativity scene figurine: we buy a new one every year to add it to our nativity scene. The protocol consists of having a look at every single stand before we buy one in the first stand we stopped and going back home with loads of roasted chestnuts in our bellies (yummy!).

Xmas things that I don’t like:

- Little Romulan telling me the day before the last day of school that he’s got to wear this or that costume for his next day's Xmas performance; sleepless night sewing, glueing, etc. -yet another year-.

- Spending two weeks going here and there, up and down, back and forth like a spinning top.

- Huge amounts of food in a very short period of time that collapses your digestive system and leaves your brain dry as a martini.

- Last minute Xmas shopping (actually, it happens to me year after year).

- In the end you find yourself fed up, exhausted and telling your inner-you that next Xmas you will stay at home and laze around the house.

As you can see negatives outnumber positives but the plusses are stronger than the minuses. I won’t change next Xmas even for a penny.

And you, what do you like/hate don't like about Xmas?

By the way, this is important: I almost forgot to tell you that I will be missing in action until the 2nd of January and that the last day that I will ship any order will be on December 21st.

I will be back on scene in a few days with renovated energy, or not, but I can asure you that there are truly cool designs awaiting for you to admire, enjoy, share, buy, …

Kisses and good karma, ups, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2014! (if you are Chinese, please change 2014 for Year of the Horse and wait a few weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...