Blogging tips

Friday 20 December 2013

How to decrease stitches using two circular needles


You’re knitting a hat with your circular needles, begin decreasing for the crown part and reach that point in which you can not go any further without a set of DPNs. That’s an old story. Now you can decrease with just two circular needles.

You can learn how to knit with two circulars here and here.

I prefer to use two circulars with the same diameter for a more regular knitting and different length or cable colour.




First thing to do before dividing stitches between the two circulars is to put the markers where you want to make the decreases in the last round before starting decreasing (I usually do it every 8 stitches, but it depends on the project).

As I have a fish memory, I attach the marker used at the beginning of the normal rounds in the first stitch of the previous round. This way, when I start decreasing with the two circulars I know when I have completed a round; if I have to take a break- let’s say phone is ringing, Little Romulan needs help with his homework, Mrs. Soft Kitty cries for help to choose her next morning outfit- I prefer to knit a whole round before leaving my work at rest for a better time.

I hope you find this post useful. If you have any doubts leave a comment or contact me.

This is my last post before Christmas holidays. I’ll be back in a week.
Happy Christmas knitter/crocheter (or regular) Earth beings!!
And, remember: if you’re travelling be extra-careful. I need you back in mint conditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...