Blogging tips

Sunday 11 January 2015

ILI Slouch Hat

Ha, ha! I can see youuu.

New year and I've already skipped a post. Bad, bad girl!

It's been a long time since the last ILI (I Love It) pattern. Oh! I love this acronym so from now on I will call the patterns that I like ILIs.

This one is from Lionbrand and is called Seed Banded Slouch Hat (you need to be registered to access the patterns but registration is free).

It's been quite a while since my last knitted garment and after months of intense crocheting I needed to take my needles and knit something. And that something is this hat. It's got a nice transition of different textures plus it is slouchy and I have a fondness for slouchy hats.
The only thing that I don't like is that the pattern calls for 5 balls of cashmere and it makes the hat a little bit expensive. I've knitted it using a 100% Virgin wool yarn in chocolate colour which makes it more affordable.

Detail of the ILI slouch hat.

I've knitted this hat and crocheted a cowl with a wool and alpaca blend for my sister Kiki, as a birthday present. From the very first moment that I saw this ILI hat I knew it was for her.
I've already sent it to her. I'm late- since her birthday was on the third week of December- but it happened that I had the wrong idea of buying something instead of the last years handmade sets that I've been sending to her and when I told her she asked "why, no set this year?".

Yippee! She wanted another one! It's really nice to give a handmade gift but it's better to know that what you've made is really appreciated. What a boost of happiness!
The last weeks of school before Christmas are always hectic so I didn't had time but to crochet the cowl. I took my needles and the yarn with me to Madrid just in case, but we spent all the time with family and friends (you see? I've been a good girl). 

Too much sunlight. I think I'm going to use the pompoms as sunglasses.

So I knitted the hat back in Malaga and sent her gift a couple of days ago. I'm really happy to show you her present and will be happier when she receives it and I know she will be happy wearing it as it's getting fairly chilly up there.

ILI hat for my beloved sister.

That's all for today which is no small thing.
Catch you next Sunday! (Promiss)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...