Blogging tips

Sunday 20 July 2014

Long-term projects

Looong-term project.
I love to work in several projects at the same time, specially when one of them is a long-term project. It can be a very complex pattern or a project as an afghan, a blanket or a large shawl in which you need to work for many hours.

If it's a complex pattern my brain can melt as butter under the Summer sun when trying to accomplish more than a few rows in one go. Besides- I'm positive that this is a verified hypothesis- the more complex the pattern the more interruptions I've been getting: the well-known telephone calls, young disrupters' questions that need to be answered right now,  apocalyptic disputes that need to be solved right now, adult (?) disruptor or Mc Husband, "mum I've arranged to meet my friends in ten minutes can you please, please, please give me a ride?"


61 made, 20 to make, then panneling and joining, ¡mummyyy!


If the children are at school I prefer to crochet in the morning but I have limited time to do it, and if they're on holidays I crochet after they've gone to bed, by then I'm tired and my brain refuses to work, so to be on the safe side and avoid any frogging I like to divide the pattern in blocks of rows/rounds and work only one per day ( it's mandatory to stick to your plan, so no just a few more rows allowed).

On the other hand, big projects are time-eaters which means that after several days you may get bored of crocheting the same item and/or end up being unable to see the light at the end of the tunnel- for Clon's sake! I want to finish this nooow!

I almost forgot to mention Irish crochet. Very beautiful and delicate but after crocheting tight more than 6-7 motifs my wrists and fingers hurt like hell. Yes, I do some exercises and stretch them before I begin to work but they still hurt.

Therefore I prefer to combine this kind of projects with easier or quicker ones and take my time to complete them.

Well, this is my story.
What's your experience with these projects? How do you manage with them?

That's all for today which is no small thing.
Catch you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...