Blogging tips

Sunday 28 September 2014

Adventures and missfortunes of a crocheter in a cruise- Prologue

Ok, ok, this is not a collage but a bloody mess. What can I do? This is not my field...
By the way, pictures have been taken from internet. 
Whoever has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I wrote it just before leaving but I tell you the story now because Little Romulan and Mrs. Soft Kitty didn't know, so it was going to be a surprise and I had to keep it secret, you understand, don't you?

Mc's parents invited us- yes the whole family- to a cruise over the Mediterranean Sea. No thank yous enough for them (here, an adoration face).

One of these days I will tell you about my mother in law. She's a painter and her works are simply a-ma-zing.

I'm lost! Well, back to track, this is what happened before the departure:

"I have the intention of taking this week as a relaxation cure, an opportunity to disconnect of everything and, above all, a test to prove myself that I can stay a whole week away from hooks, needles and yarns.

Besides, we have to take a flight from Madrid to Venice- as our "little boat" will be waiting for us at the port- and if I don't bring my tools with me I'll avoid problems at the airports security checks. Because there are two options:

a) To bring with me my knitting bag as hand luggage. 
Meeeec, error! The policeman at the security point will probably consider my hooks and my needles as potentially harmful weapons and will seize them. And tell me, what the hell is a policeman going to do with the Clover hooks of my soul and my Symfonie wooden needles (sooo cute, I'm in love)? Throw them away, use them, give them as a present to his mother, wife, sister, whatever? Sacrilege!

b) Put my crafty bag into the suitcase and check it.
Meeec, error again! What if they loose my luggage! Then, in addition to a) I will have to walk around nude or wear the same clothes for the whole week and that's not a pretty picture, you know. Besides, it could happen that I never get back my luggage, and then it end up in an auction and my treasures would be sold and that is sacrilege too. Well, maybe I've watched a few TV auction programs but that's Little Romulan's fault- he loves them and makes me watch them because my super comfy crocheting chair is in the lounge close to the TV.

A logical choice, isn't it? Is it? Well, yes but no...I haven't even experimented the withdrawal symptoms because on Thursday afternoon I had a brilliant idea: what if I take an angora ball (yards and yards of yarn) and one of my old cheap hooks that I still keep and give it a try? If b) happens it won't hurt that much... Of course, it would still be an inconvenience to walk around nude or wearing the same clothes for a whole week.

On the other hand, dear fellow crochenauts, although we are going to visit places of historical/monumental importance I think that I may have a little time to go hunting yarns. Ok, tell me that it has never happened to you if you dare...

So here I am, 12 am, writing this nonsense and searching for yarn shops in internet (oh my, I have to wake up at 6:30!).

- Venice: there is a good yarn shop, Lellabella.
- Bari: I haven't found anything but if I do I will let you know.
- Olympia and Ephesus: I don't think I'm going to buy any yarn in an Ancient Greek site or an Ancient Roman city, nor in the souvenirs shops.
- Istanbul: yessss, this is the right place! I've found that you have to ask for directions in the Grand Bazaar: the place is called Kürkçü Han, Laylock explains how to find it very well. You can find more info here.
Oh! And someone said to look for Feza, Anchor and YarnArt.
-The last place to visit is Dubrovnik. We'll see what we can do.

That's all for today which is no small thing.

Catch you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...