Blogging tips

Sunday 14 September 2014

The "it'scostmemylife" shawl


Ok, ok (no need to be rude, you know) this is not the real name of this awesome shawl, in fact this is the Wild Rose Shawl designed by Kathryn A. White.

All right, all right, it hasn't cost me my life but, you know, I needed a dramatic title for my triumphal return and here it is!

And here I am! Back after a long working month and a short week of holidays, as promised.
Ahhh! I said that I was going to be back on the 14th of September but I didn't say anything about the hour. I swear I didn't want to but I'm late- again- for a good reason that I'm not going to tell you yet.

No matter  how much you torture me, make rude comments or send me imploring emails, I'll tell you in due time. Besides, my dearest grasshoppers, this is going to be good for your karma because all that I'm doing is trying to help you to deal with frustration (please, do not harm any Earth being or object during the test and no, no self injuries are allowed).


Back to business, the first time I saw this magnificent shawl I thought "wow, this is awesome" and that's it. But after a few days in which my inner whispering voice (didn't you know that you, me, everybody has got an inner whispering voice?) whispered insistently "crochet it, crochet it" I had to adopt it as my Summer long-term project.

At the beginning I wrote down in my notebook the number of crocheting hours for this project but after the 25th I gave up. For a practical reason: "Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the Goblin City to take back the child that you have stolen, for my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom..." This is a quote of one of my favourite films but there is a missing adjective, "uncountable".

Uncountable crocheting hours, no need to tell you anything about the hardships unnumbered that I've been through and as a small sample of "dangers untold" I got a big callous in the middle finger of my left hand that is dangerously wanting to stay there forever.

Buuuut, but in spite of the uncountable, unnumbered and untolds, I've finally finished the Eighth Wonder of the World that, by the way, has already an owner. And no, I'm not telling you who is the fortunate one neither. Remember, I'm doing it for the good balance of your karma.


That's it! Enjoy the vision and, come on, try it yourself! It's worth every uncountable, unnumbered...ok, enough!

Coming soon..."Adventures and misfortunes of a crocheter in a cruise"

That's all for today which is no small thing.

Catch you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...